This year Fathers’ Support Center, St. Louis and Fatherhood Initiative Committee-FIC will host the “17th Annual Fatherhood Walk/5K Run and Rally”. Our theme for 2013 is “Dads, Make the Difference”.
Saturday, June 15, 2012
at Tower Grove Park, Grand Ave entrance
- 7:30–8:30 am - 5k Run Registration
- 8:30-9:30 am - Walk Registration, with Prayer and Warm-up
- 8:30 am - Run Begins (rain or shine)
- 8:30-9:30 am - Walk Registration
- 9:00 am - Rally Booths Open
- 9:45 am - Runner awards ceremony.
Prayer and Aerobics Warm-up
- 10-11:30 am - Walk Begins
- 10:30 am - Food and Barbeque
- 12 pm - 3 pm- Rally
- 12:30 pm - Entertainment, first performance - Moma Lisa
- 1:15 pm - Raffle
- 1:30 pm - Second performance
- 2:10 pm - Raffle
- 2:20 pm - Third performance and Open Mic
- 2:50 pm - Close
FIC also welcomes our community partner, The Office of Minority Health. The Fatherhood Initiative Committee represents agencies and organizations, which help children and families by providing support to fathers while promoting responsible fatherhood.
In 2013, FIC plans and promotes activities that facilitate cooperative efforts to resolve issues that affect all fathers, children and their families. The focus of FIC is male health, education, economic/community development, family involvement, international awareness, culture and justice.
The annual purpose of the “Walk/5K Run and Rally” is to bring about awareness of the need for responsible fatherhood. The funds received will support children, fathers, families and mentoring programs in the St. Louis Region. Over the years this collaboration has grown adding new partners, which has created an environment for success.
CLICK HERE TO HEAR A PSA ON THE EVENT AND SEE PHOTOS OF LAST YEAR'S WALK/5K RUN AND RALLY
If you would like to be a vendor for the "Walk/5K Run and Rally" click here.
Sponsorship Package Options
- Platinum Level — $2,500
Includes 10 runners, speaking guest on main stage, full page ad and sponsor booth.
- Gold Level — $1,500
Includes 10 runners, recognized guest on main stage, 1/2 page ad and sponsor booth.
- Silver Level — $1,000
Includes 10 runners, recognized guest on main stage, 1/4 page ad and sponsor booth.
- Bronze Level — $500
Includes 10 runners, recognized guest on main stage and sponsor booth.
To Be A Sponsor Click HERE
2013 Fatherhood Initiative Committee
- Chester Deanes, FSC, Chairman
- Mack Caldwell - FSC
- Tyrone Ford - Catholic Family Services
- Angela Ellerson - Grace Hill Health Centers
- Thomas Johnson and Cassandra Pinkston - Grace Hill Settlement House Eary Head Start
- Jennifer Schmidt - YMCA
- Renee’ Franklin - Saint Louis Art Museum
- Karen Askew - Saint Louis University
- William Scott - Parents as Teachers
- Mattie Moore - Deputy Director to U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill
- Bobbie Small - Advocate
- Patricia Oliver - YWCA St. Louis Early Head Start
- Regina Sullivan - MoCare Aetna
- Larry Shockley - Volunteer